Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Opinion

So as this post says, this is MY opinion and if you don't like it then go find one of your own.

Recently I was asked if wanting to try new things with other people is wrong. It depends.
The person that asked just so happens to be married. This person will remain nameless for confidentiality reasons, and to protect their privacy so I will refer to them as Lulu and Bubba.

Lulu has issues with remaining faithful it seems no matter who she is with, and Bubba gets mad but doesn't really do anything about it. So when Lulu posed the question to me about whether it is wrong to want to try new things with other people, I actually had to take myself out of the situation and look at it from the outside.

Being married myself, I could not even imagine "trying new things with other people" that does not include my husband; personally I have no desire to try new things with other people even with my husband, however I know this is not the view of everyone..again MY opinion.

My response to Lulu was that it depends on your belief system. If you want to try out new things without your partner, you need to maybe see how it would make the other person feel. Maybe they tell you to go for it, maybe they decide to leave. Anyways I could really go off on a tangent, but I am trying to stay on topic. My point is this: If you are married, or in any kind of relationship at all, you need to evaluate your situation. I know there are a lot of people out there who are mixed sexualities, and not just straight or gay. I have no problem with that, however cheating is cheating if your significant other (SO) has no idea about it beforehand, and sometimes even after.

My response to whether wanting to experiment with others while in a relationship is wrong , is that TO ME it is wrong. I explained to Lulu that it depends on who you ask as far as what opinion you get, cause everyone knows the saying about opinions, and if you don't please ask I have no issues giving you my opinion at all.

The way I phrased my complete answer to her question is simple. It depends on your beliefs and your own morals. To me, cheating is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Do I think cheating is stupid? YES! However, as I told Lulu, I am happy with my husband, and maybe if she feels the need to find comfort in another then maybe she truly isn't happy and needs to do some soul searching. I also told Lulu to ask herself if she could see herself spending the rest of her life with her husband and if so, is she going to be happy enough to stop cheating and just be happy with him.

These are really some tough questions to ask yourself because you really do have to evaluate yourself, and for some self evaluation is extremely difficult, if possible at all.

So here is my opinion to all out there who are cheating, have cheated, or are thinking about cheating:

If you need to cheat, you are not happy, and if you are not happy, then why be in that relationship at all no matter who it is with. Evaluate your own situation, because it is not worth the anguish of worrying about the other person finding out, or the guilt because you did it. If you have to cheat, you should move on because you are obviously not in a productive relationship that fits you.

And that's all I have to say about that. I would love to hear any feed back. I may not agree with your point of view, but like I said, you know what opinions are like............

No comments:

Post a Comment